There are MASSIVE spoilers ahead for the week of April 29 to May 5, 2022. And #11 mentions assault.
1. First, on the Grace and Frankie series finale, Grace and Frankie dealt with growing older and looking toward the future. Suddenly, they ended up in heaven, with an angel played by Dolly Parton — we love a 9 to 5 reunion — who decided she couldn’t split them up by only taking one of them, so she sent both of them back home. The series ended with Grace helping Frankie with her art and the two of them getting ready to embark on the next chapter of their lives.
2. On Grey’s Anatomy, Addison Montgomery returned to Grey Sloan to check on her uterus transplant patient from earlier this season, and she delivered some classic Addison words of wisdom after finding out that the hospital’s residency program has suspended.
3. And on Grey’s Anatomy, Meredith gave this impassioned speech to Nick, after Nick told her that they didn’t have to move to Minnesota. Honestly, I couldn’t help but think about Ellen Pompeo’s own experience with staying on Grey’s for 18 seasons while listening to Meredith here.
4. Ozark ended after four absolutely wild seasons, and it had kind of a controversial ending. In the final minutes of the series finale, Ruth was shot and killed by Camila, after Clare informed Camila that Ruth was the one who killed her son. Honestly, watching Ruth die with only a few minutes left was so sad; I was really hoping she’d make it out alive.
5. This Is Us finally gifted us an episode centered on Miguel and his life. We learned about his childhood and how he eventually found love with Rebecca after Jack died. While all the backstory was amazing, the episode heartbreakingly ended with Miguel dying, thus leaving Rebecca. Now, the Big Three must care for Rebecca, whose Alzheimer’s is getting worse, alone.
6. Heartstopper continued to take Netflix by storm — I know this came out two weeks ago, but I need to talk about it still — and the show told the perfect and adorable story of Nick and Charlie realizing their feelings for each other. It’s cute, it’s heartwarming, and I just keep rewatching it.
7. On The Flight Attendant, despite her recent one-year sobriety milestone, Cassie ended up drinking again, and it was sad to watch. After finding out she’s taking a trip back home with Davey, things just kept piling up for Cassie, and it led to her drinking again, but we found out she’d actually slipped up a few times over the past year too. Kaley Cuoco just delivers such a great performance in this episode.
8. On the Moon Knight season finale, after making it to the Field of Reeds, Marc went back and reunited with Steven. Then, the duo returned to Earth and as Moon Knight/Mr. Knight, they teamed up with Layla, who became Taweret’s (temporary) avatar, to take down Ammit and Arthur Harrow. I loved everything about this, but my god, Layla really stole the show.
Marvel / Disney+
9. And on Moon Knight, in the post-credits scene, Khonshu took Arthur Harrow from the psychiatric hospital he was now a patient at and introduced him to Jake Lockley, aka Marc’s third personality. I really hope we get more Moon Knight because I need to see more of Jake.
Marvel / Disney+
You can read up on all the details/Easter eggs from Moon Knight Episode 6 here.
10. The Staircase premiered on HBO Max this week. Starring Colin Firth, Toni Collette, Michael Stuhlbarg, Patrick Schwarzenegger, Dane DeHaan, Sophie Turner, and more, this new limited series follows Michael Peterson (Firth), a crime novelist, who is accused of killing his wife (Collette) after she’s found dead in their home.
11. On Station 19, Andy’s mom came back into Andy’s life just as her trial for the death of the man that assaulted her began. I’m glad Andy’s firehouse family and now her mom are all rallying behind her.
12. And on Station 19, just as Jack, Carina, and Maya were ready to take the next big step with Carina trying to get pregnant, Jack found out that he actually has a brother.
13. On the Outlander Season 6 finale, Claire and Jamie were taken from their home on Fraser’s Ridge after Richard Brown and others demanded that Claire be put on trial for Malva’s murder. As if watching the two of them leave their home wasn’t bad enough, by the end of the episode, Claire and Jamie were separated, and now Claire is heading toward a possibly deadly trial without Jamie.
14. The Flash ended Deathstorm’s return to the show in a tragic way when Frost ended up absorbing Deathstorm’s powers in order to stop him. This ultimately led to her dying. I feel like we just keep losing main characters on this show ahead of Season 9.
15. And finally, Girls5Eva returned with Season 2 on Peacock this week. The new season kicked off with our favorite girl group trying to keep up the momentum after their Jingle Ball performance by writing and recording their next great album.
We can’t fit everything into one post, so what were your favorite TV moments this week? Tell us in the comments below!
More TV Moments Of The Week:
- “Moon Knight” Delivered A Massive Twist With Episode 4, And 12 More TV Moments From This Week Nora Dominick · April 24, 2022
- “Killing Eve” Ended After Four Seasons With A Heartbreaking Twist, Plus 13 More TV Moments From This Week Nora Dominick · April 16, 2022
- 13 TV Moments From This Week That We Can’t Stop Talking About Nora Dominick · April 9, 2022
- 16 TV Moments You Might’ve Missed This Week — From A “Fresh Prince” Reunion On “Bel-Air” To Skylar Astin On “Grey’s Anatomy” Nora Dominick · March 26, 2022