Listen, while I absolutely love some of my favorite Hollywood couples, I think there’s something to be said about some of the greatest BFF actors out there. You know, the ones who feel like platonic soulmates the universe put together.
lou 🦋 @sixofmoons
platonic soulmates are heavily underrated. the idea of someone being your mirror image, someone who is half of your soul, but not in a romantic sense, is beautiful.
04:00 PM – 11 Apr 2021 Reply Retweet Favorite
@sixofmoons / Via Twitter: @sixofmoons
So, below are some of my favorite behind-the-scenes moments from 30 acting duos (and one trio) who are perfect together and prove that platonic soulmates are the best:
1. First, when Simone Ashley explained that she and Jonathan Bailey would leave each other presents while filming Bridgerton Season 2.
The Sunday Times Style / Chris Van Dusen / Netflix / Via youtu.be
2. When Paul Bettany kept saying his catchphrase about what would happen if you spoiled Avenger: Infinity War, and Elizabeth Olsen kept playing along in every single interview they did together.
Entertainment Tonight / Access / E News / CBS / Via youtu.be
In fact, while promoting Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Lizzie said she texted Paul because she missed not having him by her side while doing press. “I did text him last weekend and I was like, ‘I miss you,’ because I’m so used to doing press with him,” she began. “I just miss him so much and Wanda’s really alone in this film and I feel it as an actor.”
Frazer Harrison / Getty Images
3. When BJ Novak was so proud of Mindy Kaling, he posted this photo of her A Wrinkle in Time poster that was put up in front of the apartment Mindy lived in when they first met…
B.J. Novak @bjnovak
When I met @mindykaling she lived in a small apartment on Fairfax Ave. This is what’s in front of that building today. Congrats Mindy and a future congrats to all those who see you in it and are inspired to do great things. @WrinkleInTime
07:33 PM – 09 Mar 2018 Reply Retweet Favorite
@bjnovak / Disney / Via Twitter: @bjnovak
…and then Mindy replied to BJ saying that this was the sweetest thing and she wouldn’t be mad at him ever again.
Mindy Kaling @mindykaling
Oh my god I’m like full crying. I will never be mad at you again https://t.co/aaikJtxSYC
12:21 AM – 10 Mar 2018 Reply Retweet Favorite
@mindykaling / Via Twitter: @mindykaling
4. When Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin were going back and forth about how many awards they each have, and I just love this duo lovingly roasting each other.
Vanity Fair / Via youtu.be
5. When Pedro Pascal told Oscar Isaac he resembled, and I quote, “the grumpy eagle” Muppet. And then, Oscar said he thought Pedro looked like, and I quote again, “the baby chicken” while attending a Vanity Fair party in 2018.
Wired / Disney / Patrick McMullan / Getty Images / Via youtu.be
6. When Jessica Chastain and Oscar Isaac walked the red carpet together at the Venice Film Festival in 2021, and gifted us with — dare I say — the greatest red carpet moment when Oscar kissed Jessica’s arm?!
Marilla Sicilia / Mondadori Portfolio / Getty Images
You can watch the moment unfold below too:
View this video on YouTube
Reuters / Via youtu.be
7. When Kate Winslet thanked Leonardo DiCaprio during her 2009 Golden Globes acceptance speech, and then when Leo won his first Oscar in 2016, she looked up at him while he was accepting with such pride and joy.
NBC / ABC / Via youtu.be
8. When Chris Evans and Scarlett Johansson interviewed each other for Actors on Actors, goofed off during their photo shoot, and simply playfully made fun of each other like longtime BFFs do.
Variety / Via youtu.be
Also, here’s a pic of them playing video games together on the set of Avengers: Endgame just because.
Mark Ruffalo @MarkRuffalo
#FBF to our long days on the #AvengersEndgame set @ChrisEvans Only 2️⃣ more weeks to go!
09:58 PM – 12 Apr 2019 Reply Retweet Favorite
@MarkRuffalo / Via Twitter: @MarkRuffalo
9. When Sebastian Stan said that he sent Anthony Mackie a pocket square for Christmas while Anthony was interviewing him at the premiere of Avengers: Endgame.
Extra / Via youtu.be
10. When Keanu Reeves and Winona Ryder could not stop gushing over what they love about each other, and the fact that they vividly remember the night they met in 1989 — also, they’ve technically been married since Dracula after filming a take with real priests.
Entertainment Tonight / Ron Galella / Getty Images / Via youtu.be
11. When Eugene Levy and Catherine O’Hara looked back at their 40-plus years of working together, and Catherine revealed that Eugene wrote a long letter about why she deserved The Order of Canada, which is the Canadian equivalent of the Medal of Freedom.
The Ellen Show / Via youtu.be
And here they are together during their SCTV days in the 1970s.
Second City Entertainment / Everett Collection
12. When Timothée Chalamet gave this amazing speech in honor of Saoirse Ronan winning an award, and he said that she encouraged him to get a fake ID when they first met while filming Lady Bird so he could go out and drink with her.
SBIFF / Via youtu.be
13. When Sandra Oh and Jodie Comer hilariously reacted to a photo of the two of them together, and they could not stop laughing.
Happy Sad Confused / Via youtu.be
14. When Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling recalled how the Dirty Dancing lift they did together in Crazy, Stupid, Love went horribly wrong, and Ryan kept laughing at how Emma was telling the story.
The Graham Norton Show / Via youtu.be
15. When Hilarie Burton, Sophia Bush, and Bethany Joy Lenz got emotional while complimenting each other and talking about how they’ve loved watching each other grow over the last 20 years.
Glamour / Via youtu.be
16. When Noah Centineo and Lana Condor wrote each other goodbye letters to commemorate their last To All the Boys film, and Lana revealed when she realized they’d become best friends.
Netflix / Via youtu.be
17. When Paul Mescal was telling a story about filming a sex scene with Daisy Edgar-Jones during Normal People, and they both couldn’t stop laughing.
BBC Three / Via youtu.be
Also, here’s one of their most recent reunions, which was “chaos.”
View this photo on Instagram
@daisyedgarjones / Via instagram.com
18. When Milo Ventimiglia said that he and Mandy Moore made little vows to each other before This Is Us premiered and how they promised to look out for each other.
NBC / Kevin Mazur / WireImage / Getty Images / Via youtu.be
19. When Oprah and Gayle King talked about the road trip they took together once, and Gayle made fun of how Oprah hates driving with music playing, which just proves true friendship is accepting other people’s quirks.
People / Via youtu.be
20. When Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore sung the “Every 10 Years” song where they talked about how nice it is to “fall in love” every 10 years when they make a new rom-com.
NBC / Via youtu.be
21. When Sarah Paulson explained that she really, really, REALLY doesn’t want to kiss her BFF Amanda Peet.
People / Via youtu.be
22. When Lauren Ridloff was doing an interview at the Eternals premiere in London, and Barry Keoghan found her and gave her a huge hug.
On Demand Entertainment / Via youtu.be
23. When Tom Holland and Jacob Batalon took a lie detector test and proved just how amazing and hilarious their friendship is.
Sony Pictures / Via youtu.be
24. When Millie Bobby Brown and Noah Schnapp did a BFF challenge, and it was as chaotic and hilarious as you’d expect.
Noah Schnapp / Via youtu.be
25. When Mark Ruffalo and Jennifer Garner agreed that reuniting onscreen in The Adam Project for the first time since 13 Going on 30 in 2004 was like “coming home.”
Entertainment Weekly / Via youtu.be
26. When Sterling K. Brown and Susan Kelechi Watson spent their downtime on This Is Us dancing together and just always having a really great time.
View this photo on Instagram
@sterlingkbrown / Via instagram.com
Also, here they are filming their last scene together for This Is Us, and now I’m crying:
Susan Kelechi Watson @skelechiwatson
We just wrapped our last scene of the series…️🥲 #ThisIsUs
06:33 PM – 02 May 2022 Reply Retweet Favorite
@skelechiwatson / Via Twitter: @skelechiwatson
27. When Emma Thompson wrote this heartfelt tribute to Alan Rickman after his death in 2016, and it summed up perfectly how special their bond was.
Columbia Pictures / Bandeira Entertainment / Universal Pictures Everett Collection
28. When Nicholas Hoult and Elle Fanning were both surprised that he knew Elle’s exact birthday, to the point where Nicholas was convinced he had psychic powers.
BuzzFeed / Via youtu.be
29. When Penélope Cruz talked about how Salma Hayek insisted that she live with her when Penélope first got to Los Angeles for her first job in a movie.
NBC / Kevork Djansezian / Getty Images / Via youtu.be
30. When Emma Watson and Tom Felton discussed how much they love and care for each other during the Harry Potter reunion special.
And here they are skateboarding together because it’s honestly one of my comfort videos:
Emma Watson @EmmaWatson
04:23 PM – 08 Nov 2018 Reply Retweet Favorite
@EmmaWatson / Via Twitter: @EmmaWatson
31. And finally, when Mark Hamill paid tribute to Carrie Fisher after her death and talked about how they were really like siblings in real life.
Star Wars Celebration / Jean-Jacques / Gamma-Rapho / Getty Images / Via youtu.be